NDT in shipping is a reliable and professional process to maintain accepted private and commercial shipping/boating standards Non-destructive testing has become an integral part of the ship building and examination industry both in the merchant and naval context.
It has the secondary purpose of cutting the expense of faulty working materials and of assisting in the development of new manufacturing processes and materials and furthermore, NDT is used in the regular checking of the thickness of the ships hull due to constant corrosion and wear of the external metal surface.
Some NDT services we carry out are as follows:
• Inspection of propeller assemblies.
• Ultrasonic Testing (UT) of Composite Boats and Spars
• Ultrasonic Testing (UT) of Shafts, Bolts, Hull Plates and other Boat Components
• Ultrasonic Testing (UT) of Welds
• Corrosion Measurement of Hull Plates with Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
• Percussion Testing
• Penetrant Testing (PT) of Boat Components – in particular of Standing Rigging and Spars
• Corrosion Potential Inspections
• Gloss Measurement of Surface Coatings like Paints and of Gelcoat